Presented by Chef Caleb from SPIN Austin
While our kitchens our temporarily closed, we are proud to present our exquisite, formerly top secret, mouth-watering recipes that our super star SPIN chefs have agreed to share with you! 🏡🏓🌯 In this episode, Chef Caleb from Austin teaches you how to make our chicken shawarma!
1 Chicken Breast cut up in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2TBL turmeric
- 2TBL garlic powder
- 2TBL salt
- 1TBL cumin
- 1TBL chili powder
- 1TBL cinnamon
- 1TBL nutmeg
- 1C Greek yogurt
- 1TBL honey
- 1TBL harissa
- 2TSP lemon juice
- 1TSP salt
- Mix the turmeric, garlic powder, salt, cumin chili powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Cover the chicken in the spice mixture, toss to coat and throw in a sauté pan for 7-10 mins until the chicken is cooked through
- In the meantime, add the yogurt, honey, harissa, lemon juice and salt and mix. This is your spicy yogurt sauce to top the Shawarma
- To compose the dish, start with a pita cut in a circle. Can use a larger cookie cutter or glass to get a clean edge
- Spread the SPIN hummus on the bottom of the pita.
- Top the hummus with the cooked spiced chicken.
- Add a spoonful of the spicy yogurt sauce
- Top with red onions and tomatoes.
Share your photos @WEARESPIN using #PlayFromHome. Selected images will be shared on our social channels.