SPiN, the global ping pong social club is hiring! Founded over seven years ago, SPiN has now grown to five locations (NY, Chicago, SF, Toronto and LA) with two more clubs on its way in 2017. Our vision is to inspire and connect people through ping pong. Our brand celebrates creativity – from the street art on our walls from local graffiti artists to our eccentric pros that put on crazy ping pong shows. We embrace the crazy, the weird, the surprising and welcome creative dreamers and doers to join our SPiN family.
We are looking for an ambitious, resourceful, proactive Community Marketing Manager to join our team. You must be a strong event producer who can create large scale events and also oversee the growth of weekly programming. Your goal is to drive traffic, build local buzz and brand awareness, drive customer loyalty and set the tone for the culture and vive of SPiN SF. You are an active part of the San Francisco community, have a strong network that you can utilize to create strategic partnerships and co-branded / co-hosted events.
We are looking for someone who stands out from the crowd, who strives for great versus good, and is game for a super fast paced, exciting environment. You must have 4+ years experience in event production and promotions. This position is reporting directly to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Chief Marketing Officer. To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com along with:
- Social media handle(s)
- Something you’ve created that you think is a good representation of you or your potential
- 3-5 points on why you think you’d make a great fit for this role
Overall Objective: Grow retail sales from walk-in traffic and grow the SPIN brand in local community.
- Create, execute, manage and track results of weekly programming
- Create 1-2 major events a month complete with ping pong entertainment, partners and entertainers as required with the goal of increasing retail traffic, retail spend and creating a fun vibe true to the SPiN brand
- Solidify 1 partner every 1-2 months for a co-hosted/partnered events or collaboration
- Hiring and sourcing local Djs and entertainers for events
Social / Content / Community Building
- Update local Facebook daily and respond to all inbound inquiries, interact on social media properties to grow community and engagement
- Organize Instameets, build relationships with local influencer
- Handle responses and relationship with review sites
- Create ideas, contests, offers and campaigns to increase walk-in traffic
- Curate local influencers and tastemakers to be a part of our brand ambassador program
- Create relationships with hosts and partners to create co-branded parties
Organization / Communication / Support
- Support PR efforts and proactively strategize, create and execute news worthy initiatives
- Update calendar of events
- Liaising with design/agency to create collateral for events, and marketing needs
- Conduct retail merchandise reporting and re-ordering
- Provide event summary reports and analytics
- High energy, super upbeat vibe – this is the most important!
- Proactive, strong executor with strategic thinking skills
- Highly skilled in event production
- Creative thinker that can ideate, strategize and produce events and partnerships to grow the SPiN brand, build buzz and keep innovating
- Effective communicator
- Strong writer
- Design skills a plus
- Really good at having fun