HAPPY EARTH DAY!
Did you know that SPiN is completely carbon neutral?
Our club’s total annual CO2 emissions are equivalent to the average emissions of 13 US citizens! SPiN proudly practices eco-friendly initiatives to conserve energy and reduce waste, and offsets the remainder of our C02 emissions through a partnership with CO2 Logic.
At SPiN we are constantly conscious of doing our part to protect our planet. May every day be Earth Day. Pong for the planet!
Some tips on how you can do your part for protecting our environment:
- Turn ‘em off – Only use the lights you need. If you’re using your computer you may not need your office lights on too. Shut off lights in unused rooms.
- Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. You’ve heard it before, but it’s still great advice. Manufacturing products produces an average 4-8 pounds of CO2 for every pound of manufactured product.
- Stop your junk mail with the help of 41pounds, a non profit service that contacts dozens of direct mailers to remove your name from their lists.
- Buy locally if possible. Shipping burns fuel. A 5-pound package shipped by air across the country creates 12 pounds of CO2 (3 ½ pounds if shipped by truck).
- Eat less meat. If you’re already a vegetarian, you save at least 3,000 pounds of CO2 per year compared to meat eaters. If you’re not a vegetarian, just increase the number of vegetarian meals you eat each week by one or two. Also, poultry is 4 times less greenhouse gas intensive than beef.
- Don’t waste food. About one-quarter of all the food prepared annually in the U.S. gets tossed, producing methane in landfills as well as carbon emissions from transporting wasted food.